Sorry, this camp is SOLD OUT.
Positional Pre-Tryout for the upcoming 2020 rep tryouts!
This 10 hours of on ice preparation is different than the “cookie-cutter” tryout camps because it will focus on position specific development and then practicing the newly acquired skills in some small ice, compete games that will be used to teach players about what most coaches are looking for in their player selections.
Elements that will be covered for each DEFENSEMAN in this camp will be:
· Balanced skating with focus on mobility and edge work
· Transitional skating that focuses on transitions and pivots
· Use of the stick to help angle as well as how to take away lanes
· Net fronting and other body positioning skills
· Angling and gap control
· How to become an offensive option
· Effective first pass skills while moving at top speed
· Understanding when and how to use your shot selection correctly
· Battle drills in small game situations
Dates and times for Defenseman Clinic will be as follows:
March 23rd, 2020 - 4:15 pm to 5:15 pm at Activa Arena
March 25th, 2020 - 4:15 pm to 5:15 pm at Activa
March 28th ,2020 - 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at Lions Arena
March 30th, 2020 - 4:15 pm to 5:15 pm at Activa
April 1st, 2020 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Sportsworld Arena
April 2nd, 2020 - 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Sportsworld
April 5th, 2020 - 9:15 am to 11:15 am at Activa